Monday 9 January 2012

Main Task Inspiration

I drew inspiration from various media products in the aid of my main task. After setting up focus groups and and doing selected survays and finding out that a horror is a good sub- genre to base our movie on. So with that in mind, we reasearched many horror products and looked closely at the mise en scene and tried to draw inspiration from that. Such as the opening credits to seven.
I was watching a music video done by UK artists and I came across well shot low budget scary mise en scene in the videos that gave us a rough idea as into how to create a scary environment.


Bashy - Ransom
Skepta - Mike Lowery
Krept & Konan - Paranormal Activity Remix
I believe that all these dark music videos have a post production edit, like the one I tried in my preliminary task as well as lighting, that give it that dark scary thriller-ish look to it. The rest of the team thought that giving our media product this look is vital in creating that dark atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment